Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mother and Son


I have always been intrigued with the first Americans, the native Americans, and stories of their lives were my favorite reading subject as a child. I often chose to write my school reports about these peoples, so it may not be surprising that I have finally chosen to paint this subject. It is intimidating. I am particularly interested in native American women, who had more critical roles in daily tribal life than many of us would ever have imagined. While I am not in a position to render a great deal of scholarly information on the subject, I am enjoying painting these women...they are strong featured and often have interesting clothing and ornament. This painting is 44x44, currently mounted on gallery stretched canvas. If you have interest in this painting, please contact me. Please also visit my new website.  This painting can also be seen on page 64 of the April 2011 Western Art Collector magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sharon!! Her expression says a great deal and her baby is so sweet. I like the colors, too. It really is a nice, expressive portrait.

    I like your website! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda...I've been working on the website...still have quite a bit to do, but I am getting there!

    ReplyDelete