Monday, July 27, 2009

Boats on Parade, 16x20

(Sold)
I really loved the strong light on these boats, and especially the vantage point of looking down on the scene. The color in my painting is a good bit stronger, higher-key, than the actual scene, but I am not trying to reproduce an exact image, but rather to push the color...I didn't initially intend to do this, but virtually all of my paintings are 'pushed' to a higher saturation level....it is just the way it comes off the brush. This painting is currently exhibited at the MAC (McKinney Avenue Contemporary, Dallas, TX) 15th anniversary show.

3 comments:

  1. The colors and light hitting the boats are wonderful. I would disappointed if you were trying to make your painting look photo-real. This painting is sure to get an award at the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    Great composition and an interesting new take on boats in the water. I love the design quality from the overhead view.
    Thanks for your visit to my blog and the listing, too! I'm honored and will reciprocate. Welcome to Bloglandia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorites of yours. I love your strong color and view!

    ReplyDelete